2) Paper Resumes!? Overdue.
I have resumes from: Laine, Chance, Nic, Taylor, Leann, Jake C, Andrew, Natasha, Gillian, Lisa, Janey
(I feel like I am missing someone...)
The rest of you are behind schedule. Go get er done! One day I might be your potential employer or reference. Why should I hire you? Why should I say you are good for a job? Show me your work ethic.
READ: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/careers/the-future-of-work/paper-rsums-headed-for-extinction/article11553548/?cmpid=rss1
3) Create and Control your Online Presence
- Start by cleaning up your FB. See what your page looks like when you are not logged in. Did you know your profile pic and your cover image are public domain (which means anyone can see them)? Avoid using drug/alcohol/otherwise-offensive-to-a-potential-employer imagery. If you don't know how to tighten up your privacy, please just ask for help. I'll show you.
- Make something awesome that represents the very best version of you online - Weebly (see Kelley's example: http://kelleygiorgianni.weebly.com/) LinkedIn, Video, even a CLEAN twitter account where you follow positive culture and post positive links. Or even a YouTube channel where you share positive vids...Etc... Due on Thursday!
4) Don't forget about the bonus marks for super duper designing your resume. See link below.
http://mashable.com/2013/03/02/resume-design/
http://mashable.com/2013/03/02/resume-design/


No comments:
Post a Comment